Sunday 9 October 2011

Purpose of This Blog

I came recently (to be precise on July 11, 2011) to Port Blair, the capital of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. I will be here for at least three years before I return to the Main Land.

Though there are a number of websites that give information on various aspects of the islands, none is comprehensive.  I want this blog to be as comprehensive as possible, where all the necessary information required by a new comer (either as a tourist or as a temporary resident) needs to have.

For example, a tourist wants primarily to know the interesting places to visit in order to get a glimpse of the Islands and its people. What are the facilities available to a tourist visiting the Islands? What is the best season to visit the Islands? What are the modes of transport available to reach the Islands and how convenient are they?

The availability of accommodation is an important question a visitor normally faces. Hence, over a period of time, I want to upload the entire list of hotels and other accommodation available in Port Blair and other parts of the Islands.

Another piece of information which is normally sought by the visitors is about the restaurants in the islands – the kinds of food available, the cost, how hygienic they are, etc. 

A visitor would be interested to know the politica history of the Islands, which has been ruled for various periods by a number of countries, until 1956 when it became part of the Republic of India.

At least, these are the questions that I myself asked when I landed in this beautiful Islands. Hence I would like to answer them for my own satisfaction. So let me begin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More